Friday, April 3, 2009

Are you getting involved?

Getting involved with your community and for those of us who work from home just getting out of the house and in front of people can be the best thing. What am I doing? Besides the monthly Moses Lake Chamber events, there's the Moses Lake Lioness, a service organization associated with the Lions Clubs, Power Partners of Grant County, a referral group that meets for lunch twice a month, the Moses Lake Business Association, Habitat for Humanity, my husband is on the board, and I'm involved with the upcoming Moses Lake Spring Festival. Gosh...is that everything? We're also trying to plan a trip away from home and drive back to the Midwest, trying to find a few days to do so was challenging.

Seems like this time of year there is so much going on. Today and this weekend my husband and I will be volunteering our time with the Moses Lake Lioness serving up Spaceburgers at the Moses Lake Spring Home & Garden Show being held at the fairgrounds. It's a little chilly today but spring is definitely in the air. What are Spaceburgers? These famous sandwiches have been a mainstay at the Grant County Fairgrounds since 1960. It's a pocket sandwich with a very secret sauce. I've never actually had one, this weekend will have to be my first...I'll have to report back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment